ExpertCAD 2013 Released
ExpertCAD 2013 introduces support for the Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems. This release also
include customer-driven enhancements and software corrections.
Read more about ExpertCAD 2013....
Windows 8.x Upgrades
You've got questions, we've got answers......
ExpertView is the perfect companion to ExpertCAD for casual users who need to view,
measure, markup and print designs. This cost-effective solution can be deployed throughout
your organization from purchasing to the factory floor. Need even more power and functionality?
ExpertCAD View has all the features and function of ExpertCAD without the ability to
save design data.
ExpertCAD gives designers enough flexibility, choice, and
control to meet manufacturing needs, this means higher quality
drawing output and all the features and capabilities you need to
increase 2D design and drafting by a rate of 4-to-1, 5-to-1, or even
ExpertCAD simplifies even the most difficult aspects of 2D design
and drafting in discrete parts manufacturing. It provides all the
practical tools you need to design parts for improved
manufacturability and to build the most efficient, accurate parts,
tools, or fixtures, supporting all your design and drafting
requirements from concept to the factory floor.
ExpertCAD is powerful and easy-to-use to help you keep your
competitive advantage through:
- Reduced production costs
- Faster drawing turnaround
- Increased productivity
- Improved overall product quality
- Faster time-to-market
With ExpertCAD, you can import CAD data; create, modify, or edit
designs for manufacturability; generate your own drawings;
distribute either hard copy or electronic data to other systems; and
interface directly to the CAM system of your choice. ExpertCAD works
the way you work and gets the job done right.
Powerful 2D Design and Drafting Features
ExpertCAD gives you all the power you need in a single software
package. Most tasks, even 3D views, can be completed in a fraction
of the time of other popular CAD systems.
- Powerful construction layout capabilities mimic traditional
on-the-board drafting techniques and allow even first-time users to
- Cut, Copy and Paste between sessions or paste information to
Microsoft Word to update and document designs.
- Global editing features improves efficiency by allowing you
to make changes all at the same time rather than file by file or
layer by layer.
- Powerful editing features that includes dynamically moving,
copying, mirror imaging, rotating, translating, and more.
- Multiple text fonts (native CAD fonts and TrueType fonts), colors, views, and up to 64 line styles
help simplify the drafting process and allow you to conform to
existing drafting specifications or company standards.
- 1024 named layers help organize and manage even the largest
- Design attributes such as name, count, and value are
user-definable and fully associative, allowing you to mark
components for later use in parts lists or bill of materials.
- Associative dimensioning can be changed automatically from
inch to metric
- Automatic geometry revision eliminates recalculating
dimensions or re-entering crosshatching; when changes are made
to the geometry, the geometry, the part automatically assumes
its new shape
- Dimensioning standards allow creation of drawings and
designs that comply with ANSI, ISO, DIN, BS or your own internal
- Dimensioning techniques (stacked, chained or ordinate) that
can be changed quickly and easily
- Integrated component libraries that translate to smaller design
files, changes that are more manageable, and more rapid processing
for improved productivity.
- The integrated parametric design capability is a friendly, yet powerful
product for parametric CAD applications. That is because no
special setup operations or macro languages are required to define
constraints and dimensions. Standard CAD drawings and a user-defined parametric table are
all you need.
- ScriptLink heads-up user interface features
step-saving icons, pop-up and panel menus, single key commands
and mouse/cursor operations — making ExpertCAD easy and
convenient to use, no matter what your experience level.
- Translators to popular CAD formats. Bi-directional DXF/DWG,
and IGES translators come standard with ExpertCAD, as well
as output to Adobe Acrobat PDF and even HTML5 to share your
designs on the web.
Direct Connections to ExpertCAM and Prospector
- A click of the mouse sends completed designs directly to the
shop floor for machining in Prospector; a fully assembled,
ready-to-use Prospector project can be generated directly from
- Design it and machine it with ExpertCAD and ExpertCAM.
Bundled together, ExpertCAD and ExpertCAM are the dynamic duo of
2D production NC programming.
- Specialized tools within ExpertCAD make it a snap to prepare
design data for production NC programming and machining in ExpertCAM.
- Direct data interfaces eliminates the need for data translation resulting
in perfect exchanges of design data between CAD and CAM.
- ExpertCAD — Premier, full-featured ExpertCAD design and
drafting solution. ExpertCAD is a complete package including
- ExpertCAD View — Industrial-strength viewing application
providing all ExpertCAD functionality except file save.
- ExpertView — Light-weight, easy to learn, easy to use view
and markup application program.
ExpertCAD Licensing Options
Licensing options for ExpertCAD includes
node-locked and floating licenses. The Windows® edition uses the
industry-leading FlexLM™ floating license solution from Flexera® to
simplify deployment and management of software licenses. Node-locked
licenses for Windows utilize a USB compatible hardware key.
ExpertCAD runs on Intel and Intel-compatible computers running Windows® XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8.x operating system. A native
64-bit edition is available to take full advantage of the additional
memory possible with 64-bit operating systems. ExpertCAD does not require a high-end computer or any special hardware
option(s); any computer with even the most basic configuration will work well. ExpertCAD is also available for UNIX workstations including
Sun (Oracle) SPARC/Solaris and HP PA-RISC/HP-UX 11 workstations.