Production NC programming has typically been a slow, expensive, error-prone process.
ExpertCAM changes all that. With ExpertCAM, your NC programmers beat the backlog and create accurate, efficient
part programs more quickly than ever before, with at large and small manufacturing firms alike successfully increasing
NC programmer productivity with ExpertCAM.
ExpertCAM’s powerful visualization tools allow users to review and optimize machining
operations before a part program is released. ExpertCAM makes short order of your machining operations — for milling,
turning, flame cutting and punching — in one effective application package.
ExpertCAM accepts part geometry from popular CAD applications
and links directly to ExpertCAD and ToolDesigner, accelerating engineering changes and design data preparation for machining.
Users can automatically reference tools and fixtures from electronic databases or generate their own tooling while working with
ExpertCAM. They can also display true 2D and 3D representations of the tool and tool path in relation to part geometry and fixtures.
All of which saves time, increases accuracy, and eliminates tool collisions.
ExpertCAM supports 2.5 axis contouring and 5-axis positioning for milling applications, along with 2- and 4-axis lathe programming.
A comprehensive library of post-processors are included for both mill and lathe along with
the ability to order custom post processors directly from AMT
Software. So you have one cost-effective system that supports all your machining requirements. ExpertCAM comes bundled
with a license for ExpertCAD to make short work of part data preparation for machining. In short, ExpertCAM is truly a
complete, comprehensive CAD/CAM system.
ExpertCAM has a wide variety of machining capabilities designed to solve your most difficult manufacturing applications or problems. Features include:
- 2.5 axis for contouring with 5-axis positioning for milling.
- 2 and 4-axis lathe programming with ID/OD turning, grooving, threading, and turret visualization.
- Extensive user-defined tooling database for holder, fixture, and insert definition as well as cutting tool feeds and speeds.
- Canned cycles.
- Entry and exit controls.
- Tool path/geometry associations.
- Boundary profiling.
- Milling with islands.
- Automatic pocketing and roughing.
- Drilling, taping, boring.
- Multiple tool path visualization options, including color fill.
- Machine tool head and holder simulation to eliminate collisions.
- NC parametric capability.
Machine Tool Support
AMT Software has long been recognized for the completeness of its customized post-processor
output, allowing users to go directly from computer graphic representations to the machine tool — without errors
or time-consuming editing. Regardless or the complexity of your machine tools or unique needs,
our vast library and ability to create and configure post-processors
assures you'll get exactly the right output to take full advantage
of our machine & CNC's capabilities.
ExpertCAM is a complete CAD/CAM solution that includes:
- ExperCAM - full-featured production NC programming for mills, lathes, flame cutters and punch presses.
- ExpertCAD — full-featured ExpertCAD design, detailing and drafting solution complements ExpertCAM nicely
by making short work of preparing machinable geometry from detailed design drawings.
- AutoCAD Interface - import and export AutoCAD DXF and DWG files.
- Library of post processors and available custom post processor development.
ExpertCAM Licensing Options
Licensing options for ExpertCAM includes
node-locked and floating licenses. The Windows® edition uses the
industry-leading FlexLM™ floating license solution from Flexera® to
simplify deployment and management of software licenses. Node-locked
licenses for Windows utilize a USB compatible hardware key.
ExpertCAM runs on Intel and Intel-compatible computers running Windows® XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8.x operating system. A native
64-bit edition is available to take full advantage of the additional
memory possible with 64-bit operating systems. ExpertCAM does not require a high-end computer or any special hardware
option(s); any computer with even the most basic configuration will work well. ExpertCAM is also available for UNIX workstations including
Sun (Oracle) SPARC/Solaris and HP PA-RISC/HP-UX 11 workstations.